Committed to strengthening our community!!
"I want you to be concerned about your next door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor?"
~ Mother Teresa
Kindred Spirits Outreach (KSOC) is a Schoolcraft, Michigan based organization committed to connecting our community together through Neighbors Helping Neighbors
We are an organization with energy for both individual attention to families and a commitment to community success.
- Committed to helping families in need
- Committed to strengthening our community
- Engaging teens/adults/senior citizens as volunteers and mentors
- Working together with other community organizations on the needs of the community
Back to School Extravaganza
It's tough to learn without the proper tools. Collecting and distributing gently used and new clothing, school supplies, backpacks, and personal hygiene items. Serving over 160 local school children that need help.
Better with Age... Senior Connection
Providing necessities like toilet paper, paper towels, personal hygiene items and food. Provide annual Thanksgiving meal. Many seniors have to make the difficult decision of whether to buy groceries or medicine. Serving over 50 local seniors.
Consider a day in the life of a child in the United States.
Millions of children in America are searching for proof that someone cares.
- Every 43 seconds, a baby is born into poverty.
- Every 1 minute a baby is born to a teen mother.
- Every 4 minutes a child is arrested for drug abuse.
- Every 8 minutes a child is arrested for a violent crime.
- Every 3 hours a child or youth under 20 is killed by a firearm.
- Every 5 hours a child or youth under 20 commits suicide.
Children need somebody who would let them know that the outsides of people are insignificant compared with their insides. To show them that no matter what, they will always have somebody who believes in them. A voice willing to inject confidence in their little hearts. A voice saying: I believe in you!! Those four words can make the difference between a fear of failure and the courage to try. It makes all the difference in the world.
"Everyone loves praise. Look for ways to give it to them!"
"America is the richest country in the world. And
yet tonight, thousands of your neighbors will go to bed hungry. It may
be your child's schoolmate who is undernourished and has difficulty
learning on an empty stomach. Or it could be a co-worker, a working
mother whose low-wage job doesn't make ends meet. Perhaps it's an
elderly neighbor who has to make a decision whether to delay filling a
prescription or buying groceries. The faces of hunger are as broad as
the faces of America." ~ David Jasby, General Mills